The WESS P&C is run by an executive team of volunteers and volunteer conveners. It has 26 paid employees across 5 service areas.
West End State School (WESS) is an independent public school with a diverse student population of just over 1000 students representing 45 nationalities. We work hard to provide our students with an holistic experience of school that integrates community and cultural experiences with academic rigour and purpose.
The WESS Parents and Citizens Association plays an active role in supporting the school achieve its educational, social and community objectives. The WESS P&C has significantly contributed to creating a caring and holistic environment and keeping WESS in the hearts of the West End community.
When Do We Meet?
The P&C meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 7.15pm. Any parent or friend of the school is welcome to attend.
How to join the P&C?
Membership of the P&C is free. To join please come along to one of our P&C general meetings to find out more and to be come a member. Only members can vote on decisions made at meetings.
What has the WESS P&C achieved?
Monies raised by the WESS P&C are used to improve facilities and equipment within our school.
In 2017, the P&C spent:
- $18,299 on the new electronic sign
- $30,000 towards new IT equipment
- $15,000 towards the cost of new home readers
- $2,000 towards Active School Travel
- $26,800 on the big ass fans for the hall
- $23,181 on the soft fall in the prep play area
- $8,757 on pool equipment and repairs
In 2018 we will be
- spending $23,640 on the new lighting in the hall
- $20,000 on home readers
- installing the new sail shades in the prep play area
- $40,000 towards new IT equipment
- $2,000 for active school travel
- $15,000 towards a new pool cover
and much more to come!
In years past the P&C has refurbished the pool including the shade sail, refurbished the tuckshop, built the adventure playground areas, and provided regular donations towards the cost of home readers. To name just a few!