FUNdraising is what we do best and it provides most the funds that we use to give back to the school. Getting involved is also a great opportunity to meet other parents and carers here at school and we usually ask only a little of your time for each event.
How can you get involved? Check out the activities we have planned so far for this and next year and let us know if there is something you want to be a part of.
- The Father’s and Carer’s day stall Thursday 29th August- Loads of interesting and affordable gifts are set-up in our “POP-UP” shop. Prices range from $2.00 – $20.00 with gifts to cater for every taste including some for Grandpa with 1000 children coming through our doors in under 6 hours it is an extreme shopping experience for all. With thanks at all our parent helpers last year we made over $2,500.00. Want to help out? Click this link to find a time that suits
- WECreate 2019 – the premier event showcasing all things artistic will be on Friday 25th October. This is a huge event where every family turns up to see and experience their children’s artistic endeavours. The P&C will once again be hosting food trucks and selling drinks to support the school. It’s dinner and a show. We will be calling on some helpers to manager our drink stall so keep an eye out for that request sometime in October.
- 2019 Swimathon Will be on during term 4. More information to come but already we are planning a parents leg of the swimathon. We will keep you posted about this in our newsletter and here on the website.
- Water rats Swim Club Thursday Night Club Term 1 and 4 – All age groups and their families are welcome and encouraged to attend our Club nights every Thursday from 5.30pm, during the swimming season. Races start at 6pm and swim club is usually finished by 7.30pm. Children are encouraged to participate in friendly races and to better their personal times. Half pool, 25m, 50m and 100m races are offered. A BBQ & drinks are available for sale. Entry cost is $3 per child, per night. This is all run by our parent volunteers and it is an excellent way to meet other families here at WESS. Event nominations can be taken on the night but we prefer to have emailed nominations by the previous day. Want to help out at swim club? Click this link
- Tears and Tissues Tuesday 28th January 2020– from 8.45am in the OSHC multipurpose room. This is a morning tea put on for the new and returning parents to the school.
- The Mother’s and Carer’s Day Thursday 7th May 2020– Loads of interesting and affordable gifts are set-up in our “POP-UP” shop. Prices range from $2.00 – $20.00 with gifts to cater for every taste including some for Grandma with 1000 children coming through our doors in under 6 hours it is an extreme shopping experience for all. With thanks at all our parent helpers last year we made over $3,300.00. Keep and eye out for a call for helpers in April.
- Other ideas we have for next year are a COLOUR run and a Trivia night.
Have you a great FUNdraising idea you think the P&C should try out? Or want to be involved in any of the above?Let us know by contacting the P&C.
You can make a difference!
Haven’t got time to give? Perhaps there is something else that you can.
- donation of goods and services – Got a business that can donate something for one of our events? Or other items that you no longer need but think that we may be able to use? Please let us know by emailing us.
- sponsorship of our events and activities – we are happy to offer a package of publicity and other opportunities in return for sponsorship of our events. In fact we are currently looking for sponsors for our Fiesta. Want to find out more? Please email