FUNdraising and community events are what we do best and it provides most of the funds that we use to give back to the school. Getting involved is also a great opportunity to meet other parents and carers here at school and we usually ask only a little of your time for each event.
However this year due to COVID19 things are a bit different. We have had to forego or delay all of our events and we really aren’t sure if we will be able to hold any events in the “normal” way.
SO!!!!! This is what we are going to to do for the rest of this year.
The Spring FUNdraiser will be held on Tuesday 1st September. We are asking all children and staff to come to school in green and floral inspired attire and donate a gold coin at the school gates in the morning. Money from this will be used to purchase some big pots and plants to be located in the new L block.
Plans are getting into place for the WEcreate Art show in October. From this we hope to select some amazing children’s art and use that for some inspiring merchandise and a 2021 calendar. So watch this space.
And to finish off the year, some community events organised by the class reps probably held off campus. Your class reps will be in touch to notify you of these events.
And then on to 2021 with plans to hold the following events
- A welcome to 2021 WESS gathering.
- A literacy fundraiser
- Sale of our calendar and art show inspired merchandise.
- Colour run
- Our Mother’s, Father’s and carer’s day stall
- Twilight fiesta
If, when and how for these events is still uncertain but we will let you know when we can.
Have you a great FUNdraising idea you think the P&C should try out? Or want to be involved in any of the above?Let us know by contacting the P&C.
You can make a difference!
Haven’t got time to give? Perhaps there is something else that you can.
- Donation of goods and services – Got a business that can donate something for one of our events? Or other items that you no longer need but think that we may be able to use? Please let us know by emailing us.
- Sponsorship of our events and activities – we are happy to offer a package of publicity and other opportunities in return for sponsorship of our events. In fact we are currently looking for sponsors for our Fiesta. Want to find out more? Please email
- Donate your earnings from the Container for Exchange program at Tomra in West End. Just add our code C10044213 when you have finished adding depositing your containers.