FUNdraising and community events are what we do best and it provides most the funds that we use to give back to the school. Getting involved is also a great opportunity to meet other parents and carers here at school and we usually ask only a little of your time for each event.
How can you get involved? Check out the activities we have planned for the new year and let us know if there is something you want to be a part of.
- Tears and Tissues Tuesday 28th January 2020– from 8.45am in the PLH room. This is a morning tea put on for the new and returning parents to the school. Please feel free to join us for a quick cuppa and moment of peace before your work day begins. Toddlers welcome.
- Colour Run 2020 set explode on Friday 3rd April. Children will sign up in March and get to asking neighbours, families and friends for donations. Then on the day a rather intriguing obstacle course will be built on the oval with parents and teachers in place ready to spray, sprinkle, chuck and scatter coloured (non toxic) powder and water over the children as they navigate the course. This will be followed by a sausage sizzle and cold drinks.
- The Mother’s and Carer’s Day Thursday 7th May 2020– Loads of sustainable, locally sourced, interesting and affordable gifts are set-up in our “POP-UP” shop. Prices range from $2.00 – $20.00 with gifts to cater for every taste including some for Grandma over 1000 children coming through our doors in under 6 hours it is an extreme shopping experience for all. With thanks at all our parent helpers last year we made over $5,000.00. Keep and eye out for a call for helpers in April.
- Trifling Trivia night Saturday June 20th from 7pm. A FUNdraiser for the grownups. Book a table of 10 and get your brain’s trust organised for 10 rounds of some trifling trivia and some really “stoopid” games. There will a bar and platters of food for sale. Want to get involved? email Donna on firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Father’s and Carer’s day stall Thursday 27th August- Loads of interesting, sustainable, locally sourced and affordable gifts are set-up in our “POP-UP” shop. Prices range from $2.00 – $20.00 with gifts to cater for every taste including some for Grandpa with 1000 children coming through our doors in under 6 hours it is an extreme shopping experience for all. With thanks at all our parent helpers last year we made over $4,000.00. Look for our callout for volunteers in early August.
- WECreate 2020 – the school’s premier event showcasing all things artistic will be on Friday 23rd October. This is a huge event where every family turns up to see and experience their children’s artistic endeavours. The P&C will once again be hosting food trucks and selling drinks to support the school. It’s dinner and a show. We will be calling on some helpers to manage our drink stall so keep an eye out for that request sometime in October.
- Water rats Swim Club Thursday Night Club Term 1 and 4 – All age groups and their families are welcome and encouraged to attend our Club nights every Thursday from 6pm, during the swimming season. Races start at 6.30pm and swim club is usually finished by 7.30pm. Children are encouraged to participate in friendly races and to better their personal times. Half pool, 25m, 50m and 100m races are offered. A BBQ & drinks are available for sale. Entry cost is $3 per child, per night. This is all run by our parent volunteers and it is an excellent way to meet other families here at WESS. Event nominations can be taken on the night but we prefer to have emailed nominations by the previous day.
BUT what about Fiesta? We are having a year off from Fiesta in 2020 as we need to give the oval a rest plus we have worked out that the effort put in by all the volunteers and organisers doesn’t amount to an huge sum of money raised. Such a shame I hear you cry. We will be planning a fiesta but in a different format for 2021 and we would love to hear any ideas you have.
Have you a great FUNdraising idea you think the P&C should try out? Or want to be involved in any of the above?Let us know by contacting the P&C.
You can make a difference!
Haven’t got time to give? Perhaps there is something else that you can.
- donation of goods and services – Got a business that can donate something for one of our events? Or other items that you no longer need but think that we may be able to use? Please let us know by emailing us.
- sponsorship of our events and activities – we are happy to offer a package of publicity and other opportunities in return for sponsorship of our events. In fact we are currently looking for sponsors for our Fiesta. Want to find out more? Please email