This year the P&C is coordinating the Parent/Carer Representative Program. This Program is an important initiative in building and strengthening our school community, as it connects the school, the P&C and the community.The role of the parent/ carer rep is to:
- Work with the VP-Community Engagement and the P&C Executive
- Attend 2-3 P&C meetings per year (Online or in person)
- Work with your teacher/s as agreed/needed
- Organise 1 x activity per term outside of school hours for parents/ carers and/or students in your class or year level
- Contact new families and support them in joining the school community
- Promote P&C and school events, and help organise volunteers
- Share P&C communications, knowledge of the school and collate feedback from other parents
- Respect confidentiality of others when communicating and engaging
If you enjoy connecting with other parents/ carers across your year level, and helping out with school and P&C Activities, this is an opportunity for you!
We would love you to join us and get involved in the Parent/Carer Representative Program. It’s a great way to experience the social side of school life, build lasting friendships and contribute to our wonderful WESS community.
We are looking for:
- 2 Parent/Carer representatives for each Class in Prep and Grade 1, and
- 1 Parent/Carer representative to be the Year level primary contact for Grade 2-6 plus additional representatives to support event organisation.
If you would like to nominate as a parent/ carer rep, please click here to complete the form or email your details including your child’s name/class to firstname.lastname@example.org.