Volunteering with the P&C is a great way to make valuable contributions to help foster your child’s learning. You do not have to be a member to volunteer.
Some of the ways to get involved:
- Attend P&C meetings – 2nd Tuesday monthly, 6pm in N Block staff room
- Join the P&C committee
- Be a class or year level representative
- Coordinate or help at one of our annual fundraising or community engagement events (Tears & Tissues, Quiz Night, Carer Day Stalls, Colour Fun Run, Movie Night, Morning / afternoon teas, get prizes for raffles, help find sponsorship for events)
- Come along to the Friday morning craft group, weekly 9am at P&C Office
- Join our Morning Chit Chats – 1st Wednesday monthly, 9am at Tuckshop
- Volunteer at the Tuckshop or Swim Club (term 1 & 4 only)
Parent & Carer Volunteer Skills Register:
The Parent & Carer Volunteer Skills Register is a “palette of capability” which could potentially be utilised by the school or the P&C.
If you’re happy to lend some of your “real world” colour to the palette, please get in touch. We would simply like to know what skills you have, and/or what products and services you or your business may have access to. You do not have to be a member of the P&C to volunteer, however if you are not a parent or carer at WESS (ie grandparent, community member), you will need to get a blue card and register it with our organisation.
Here are some thoughts, please help us expand upon this list with your skills, abilities, and contacts:
- Grant writing or lobbying
- Graphic Design
- Social Media
- Project Management
- Medical training – 1st Aide certified
- Drone piloting
- Fundraising and event management
- Journalism and writing
- Sound or lighting
- Trades – building, carpentry
- Video editing and production
Do you own a store or a business that might be able to offer goods/services free or at cost for raffles and auctions?
Do you know someone interesting or important who could be a guest speaker or host at one of our events?
Please get in touch!