Term 2 2022 Swimming lessons are starting on Tuesday 26th April.
The pool will be heated to 29 degrees.
Session Information and costs
• The before and after school swimming lesson program is organised by WESS P & C and is open to all in the school and local community. All sessions are delivered by qualified paid coaches in the heated 25m pool.
• Please DO NOT present to the pool to make a booking. The coaches need to focus on delivering the session and are not responsible for bookings or payments. Coaches cannot admit swimmers who have not been pre-booked and pre-paid. NO PAY, NO SWIM
• Children must bring their own goggles, swimming caps, sun shirt and towel. Please mark everything clearly with your child’s name. Bring a warm top for when the children exit the pool as they are often cold.
Children attending OSHC on the day that they are attending swimming lessons must be booked into the either the 3:45pm or 4:15pm session. This gives them time to have afternoon tea and get changed before their lesson starts.
- No parents/ guardians in the change rooms
- no filming or recording of children allowed at any time
- We ask you that if you or your children are unwell please stay at home.
- Make up lessons will be available in week 10
LEARN TO SWIM (LTS): Suitable for children who are water safe, but need basic stroke taught. Minimum age is 4 years old. We have 3 levels within the LTS swimmers, and seek to group children with other children of similar swimming capabilities. Children should remain at this level until they can swim 25m of freestyle, breaststroke and backstroke. Please choose the session for your child carefully as we are unable to change their session due to the large number of children in our Learn to Swim programme. Costs $15.00 per lesson $120 per term ( 8 lessons )
ADVANCED LEARN TO SWIM (ALTS): Suitable for children who can swim 25m of freestyle, breaststroke and backstroke. Participants will work on all strokes, refining freestyle, breaststroke and backstroke, and learn butterfly and diving. Costs $13.00 per lesson $104.00 per term ( 8 lessons)
SQUAD: Senior squad will cater for children who have greater endurance and can swim 50m of all 4 strokes and who are capable of lap swimming. (Some discretion may apply for butterfly). We will divide the children into groups according to ability. Participants will work on endurance, sprints, diving, tumbles and starts. Physical intensity will depend on individual capabilities. Costs $10.00 per lesson $80.00 per term (6 lessons)
LTS ( No Monday classes) Tuesday – Friday; Session #1 – 3:15pm – 3:45pm; Session #2 – 3:45pm – 4:15pm; Session #3 – 4:15pm – 4:45pm
ALTS (No Monday classes) Tuesday – Friday; 4:45pm – 5:50pm
Squad (No Monday classes) Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday; – 7:15am – 8:15am and Thursday 5pm – 6pm.
• Coaches are responsible for children only at the time of their swimming session. Children may not wait unaccompanied for their swimming session. Siblings or children not swimming, must be supervised by an adult/parent and must remain in the pool enclosure
Need to know more? Please email the P&C office
THURSDAY CLUB NIGHT
Swim club will return for fun and excitement in term 4.