Bookings for TERM 1 2021 Water Rats after school swimming will be available for booking and payment via this link from Thursday 28th January at 5pm. Why so late in the week? We need parents and carers to find out what day their children have PE lessons so that you DON’T Book swimming lessons the same day!
Children attending OSHC the same day as their afterschool swimming lessons MUST be booked into the 4:15pm timeslot. This gives them time to have afternoon tea and get changed.
Swim weeks: Mon 1st February to Friday 26th March (this is the 2nd week of term to the 2nd last week 8 weeks in total) Click here to see the timetable
Session Information and costs
• The before and after school swimming lesson program is organised by WESS P & C and is open to all in the school and local community. All sessions are delivered by qualified paid coaches in the heated 25m pool.
• Please DO NOT present to the pool to make a booking. The coaches need to focus on delivering the session and are not responsible for bookings or payments. Coaches cannot admit swimmers who have not been pre-booked and pre-paid. NO PAY, NO SWIM
• Children must bring their own goggles, swimming caps, sun shirt and towel. Please mark everything clearly with your child’s name. Bring a warm top for when the children exit the pool as they are often cold.
- No parents/ guardians in the change rooms
- no filming or recording of children allowed at any time
- We ask you that if you or your children are unwell please stay at home.
- Make up lessons will be available in week 10
LEARN TO SWIM (LTS): Suitable for children who are water safe, but need basic stroke taught. Minimum age is 4 years old. We have 3 levels within the LTS swimmers, and seek to group children with other children of similar swimming capabilities. Children should remain at this level until they can swim 25m of freestyle, breaststroke and backstroke. Please choose the session for your child carefully as we are unable to change their session due to the large number of children in our Learn to Swim programme. Costs $15.00 per lesson $120 per term + $5.00 membership fee
ADVANCED LEARN TO SWIM (ALTS): Suitable for children who can swim 25m of freestyle, breaststroke and backstroke. Participants will work on all strokes, refining freestyle, breaststroke and backstroke, and learn butterfly and diving. Costs $13.00 per lesson $104.00 per term
SQUAD: Senior squad will cater for children who have greater endurance and can swim 50m of all 4 strokes and who are capable of lap swimming. (Some discretion may apply for butterfly). We will divide the children into groups according to ability. Participants will work on endurance, sprints, diving, tumbles and starts. Physical intensity will depend on individual capabilities. Costs $10.00 per lesson $80.00 per term.
• Coaches are responsible for children only at the time of their swimming session. Children may not wait unaccompanied for their swimming session. Siblings or children not swimming, must be supervised by an adult/parent and must remain in the pool enclosure
• Term refunds for term 1 will only be available up until Friday 19th February 2021. The P&C reserves the right to determine if a refund is warranted
• Catch up lessons because of weather cancellations or pool maintenance will be held in week 10 on the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday only. These catch ups are for when we cancel not when your child misses a session due to illness or holidays
Need to know more? Please email Donna.