Bookings for TERM 1 2020 Water Rats after school swimming will be available on Flexischools from Wednesday 29th January.
Swim weeks: Mon 3rd February to Friday 27th March (this is the 2nd week of term to the 2nd last week 8 weeks in total) Click here to see the timetable
Session Information and costs
• The before and after school swimming lesson program is organised by WESS P & C and is open to all in the school and local community. All sessions are delivered by qualified paid coaches in the heated 25m pool.
• Please DO NOT present to the pool to make a booking. The coaches need to focus on delivering the session and are not responsible for bookings or payments. Coaches cannot admit swimmers who have not been pre-booked and pre-paid. NO PAY, NO SWIM
• Children must bring their own goggles, swimming caps, sun shirt and towel. Please mark everything clearly with your child’s name. Bring a warm top for when the children exit the pool as they are often cold.
LEARN TO SWIM (LTS): Suitable for children who are water safe, but need basic stroke taught. We have 3 levels within the LTS swimmers, and seek to group children with other children of similar swimming capabilities. Children should remain at this level until they can swim 25m of freestyle, breaststroke and backstroke. Please choose the session for your child carefully as we are unable to change their session due to the large number of children in our Learn to Swim programme. Costs $15.00 per lesson $120 per term + $5.00 membership fee
ADVANCED LEARN TO SWIM (ALTS): Suitable for children who can swim 25m of freestyle, breaststroke and backstroke. Participants will work on all strokes, refining freestyle, breaststroke and backstroke, and learn butterfly and diving. Costs $13.50 per lesson $108.00 per term + $5.00 membership fee.
JUNIOR SQUAD: Junior squad will cater for children who can swim 25m of all 4 strokes and who are capable of lap swimming. We will divide the children into groups according to ability. Participants will work on endurance, sprints, diving, tumbles and starts. Physical intensity will depend on individual capabilities. Costs $10.00 per lesson $80.00 per term + $5.00 membership fee.
SENIOR SQUAD: Senior squad will cater for children who have greater endurance and can swim 50m of all 4 strokes and who are capable of lap swimming. (Some discretion may apply for butterfly). We will divide the children into groups according to ability. Participants will work on endurance, sprints, diving, tumbles and starts. Physical intensity will depend on individual capabilities. Costs $10.00 per lesson $80.00 per term.
ADULT SQUAD & LAP: Available each Tuesday and Friday mornings 6am – 7.30am from the second week until week 9. This is a relaxed squad work-out for those who want to or just swim on your own. Each session will be supervised by a qualified lifesaver. No children please as there will be no supervision for them. Sessions are $5.00 each or $50.00 per term, payable on arrival or via flexischools
ADULT LEARN TO SWIM: Don’t miss out on the fun at the pool or beach this summer because you don’t have confidence in the water. Lessons are with our dedicated coach’s Linda and Desleigh who are gentle and patient fully qualified swim coach’s with loads of experience teaching adults how to swim and develop confidence in the pool. Sessions are $15.00 each or $120.00 per term, payable on arrival or see Donna in the P&C office.
THURSDAY NIGHT SWIMMING CLUB: All age groups are welcome and encouraged to attend our Club nights every Thursday from 6pm, during the swimming season. Races start at 6.30pm and swim club is usually finished by 7.30pm. Children are encouraged to participate in friendly races and to better their personal times. Half pool, 25m, 50m and 100m races are offered. A BBQ & drinks are available for sale. Entry cost is $3 per child, per night.
Event nominations can be taken on the night but we prefer to have emailed nominations by the previous day.
Club nights rely on the participation of adult volunteers. We need help with set up and pack down, timing of races, starting races, recording times and with the catering. Swimming club is a wonderful opportunity to get to know other parents and children in the school. Feel free to drop in and see how we operate.
• Coaches are responsible for children only at the time of their swimming session. Children may not wait unaccompanied for their swimming session. Siblings or children not swimming, must be supervised by an adult/parent and must remain in the pool enclosure
• Term refunds for term 1 will only be available up until Friday 6th March. The P&C reserves the right to determine if a refund is warranted
• Catch up lessons because of weather cancellations or pool maintenance will be held in week 10 on the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday only. These catch ups are for when we cancel not when your child misses a session due to illness or holidays
Need to know more? Please email Donna.